With an unexpected batch of pesto sitting in my fridge yesterday, I decided to asked you guys what I should do with it.
At the end of the day we’d come up with over 20 ways to use it up, just in time for me to prep dinner!
- Eggs with toast
- Spread on chicken and grill
- Toss with pasta
- Veggie dip
- Pizza sauce
- Freeze it in an ice cube tray and use for later
- Spread on cooked salmon with a sprinkle of chopped nuts
- Mix with hummus for added protein (or add to avohumocado)
- Sandwich spread
- Pinwheel wraps
- Thin out to make salad dressing
- Add to mayonnaise for a tangy mayo
- Mix in with chickpeas and sun dried tomatoes for a quick bean salad
- Mash with 2 hard boiled eggs and use as you would egg salad
- Add to cooked mashed potatoes
- Stir in with melted dairy-free cheese for a creamy sauce
- Add to vegetable soup
- Coat veggies and roast them
- Add lemon juice and use as a marinade
- Cook with wild rice
- Mix in with meatloaf before baking
On top of that, I remembered a couple of pesto based recipes I’d enjoyed in the past – it’s amazing how quickly I forget what’s up on the blog.
Makes me wish I had made more pesto so I could make everything?!
Good thing it’s so darn easy to make :)
After a healthy dose of indecisiveness and a pantry inventory check to see what I could actually make, I landed on pasta.
But not just any pasta… (because to be honest, I didn’t have any in the house) zucchini pasta!
- In a medium-sized frying pan, melt coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook for 30 seconds, just to warm up.
- Add pesto and shrimp and stir to coat. Cook another 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with salt, pepper, parsley and a lemon wedge.
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)
Enjoying this for dinner last night was the perfect way to end a surprisingly fantastic day.
Have a fabulous Friday, everyone!