It’s official, I’m addicted to kelp noodles.
Since buying my first pack on Upaya Naturals, I’ve come up with a couple of tasty ways to enjoy these low calorie, thyroid supporting noodles.
I’ve made countless batches of 150 calorie (and 15 minute) ginger chicken kelp noodle soup,
tried toasting them in the oven for a salty + crunchy snack, and went bananas when I realized they make a perfect addition to a bowl of detox supporting soup.
- Place approximately 2-3 cups of hot water from the tap or water simmered in the stove top in a glass bowl.
- Place noodles in the hot water for 1-2 minutes until soft.
- Drain and place in a serving bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine soup, broth, onion, miso, braggs, and dried chiles.
- Pour mixture over top of noodles and stir to coat. Top with chicken, grated carrots and enjoy!
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)
As much as I would love to serve up a big bowl of kelp noodles for Thanksgiving dinner this Monday, I think my sister would probably die at the thought of no turkey. And honestly, deep down I know I would too, so I’ll be heading to the grocery store tonight to begin stocking up for the big day.
If you’re planning to do the same, here are a couple of recipes that may help you along the way. These were some of my first posts on the blog!
My first turkey and gluten-free gravy
Apple rice stuffing. This year I’m planning on creating a wild mushroom rice stuffing!
Monster mashed potatoes… because purple potatoes are higher in phytonutrients (and funner to eat!)
And last but certainly not least, the best darn sugar-reduced cranberry sauce I’ve ever had.
Monday couldn’t come soon enough!