Kevin and I had quite the jam-packed day yesterday.
We headed to fabric land,
the local antique store,
and the mall. All in the name of finding some new things for my food photos.
I think the antique store was my favorite, it was like an interactive museum!
We got home, took the puppies for a walk, and filled our bellies with this amazing salad. My gosh, I could live off this dressing. It light, tangy, and combines with so many different flavors.
It’s like ranch dressing hit by a tall, garden goddess… if that makes any sense.
- 1 cup canola mayonnaise, or bean mayo to make vegan
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup fresh curly parsley
- 3 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freeze-dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon herbamare
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Place sunflower seeds and water in your blender and process until sunflower seeds have been pulverized (I know, not very goddess of me).
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Place dressing in an air tight container. Keeps in the fridge for 2 weeks.
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)
We combined the dressing with a salad of mixed greens, shredded beets, cucumbers, sunflower seeds, and fresh homemade sprouts.
After our amazing dinner; and before we began staining endless pieces of wood, we decided to take some headshots for the blog…
I decided on this one for my introduction picture. We were done the shoot and I had rushed to put a ponytail in my hair when Kevin yelled “Wait! Hold that pose!”
And of course… Leanne in front of a camera wouldn’t be complete without loads of goofy faces.
What fun things did you do yesterday?