Kevin had to work late last night, so the girls and I got to enjoy another ladies night.
I came home to a clean house [couldn’t be happier that I busted my buns cleaning the house over the weekend], went for a snow-in-shoe-and-socks walk in the park, and made a Summery dinner to remind myself that warm weather is just around the corner.
I could never, ever eat chard on it’s own, but it’s actually fantastic when used as a wrap [as long as the fillings are good!]
- 2 leaves of Swiss chard
- ½ cup leftover fresh tuna or organic canned tuna *see note
- 2 tablespoon full fat coconut milk – I like to use the cream from the top of the can
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon herbamare or himalayan rock salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Lay the Swiss chard leaves face down so that the stem is visible. Run a small knife along the stem to remove the bulk of it, but not so much that the full leaf separates. Repeat for second leaf and set aside
- Place coconut milk, green onions, dill, lemon juice, and herbamare in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place tuna in a small bowl, combine with ½ the sauce, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Divide the tuna mix and place on each leaf. Roll the leaf tightly [be gentle!] and cut down the middle.
- Place on a plate with extra lemon, remaining sauce + veggie sticks.
- Check out Gena's tutorial if none of my instructions make sense.
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)
The tuna + dill sauce combo was fantastic!
… Pebbles thought so to.
Note to self: never leave food unattended in the office, even if it’s just for 10 seconds to get a napkin.
- 1 your favorite type of apple, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon nut butter – we like to use cocoalmond mania butter
- Sprinkle apple with cinnamon and serve with a side of nut butter, maple syrup, or honey.
I’m happy to say that Pebbles got none of this action!
What are your favorite sandwich/wrap fillings?
Do you have pets? Have they ever stolen your food?