Baking is an extremely new thing to me. Generally I stick to treats like macaroons or protein bars but I’ve become curious about the world of gluten free flours, so I’ve started experimenting. Last week I wrote about my almond flour experience and how happy I was to have found a gluten free flour that didn’t taste like cardboard. Well, I have another to add to the list – coconut flour.
When I tasted these muffins for the third time (it took me that long to get the recipe right) I was so pleased with the texture! I’ve been gluten free for awhile now but from what I remember gluten tasting like, these muffins are pretty darn close to the “real thing”.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl, mix together all wet ingredients except blueberries
- In a larger bowl, mix together the dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Add the berries and briefly mix again
- Divide the mixture between regular or mini sized muffin pans and bake until golden brown and set in the middle:Mini muffins: 20-25 minutes or Regular muffins: 35-40 minutes
- Leave in the pans on a cooling rack before removing and allowing to cool for 5 minutes
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)