Berry Immunity Smoothie

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on January 29, 2013

Berry Immunity Smoothie (16)-2

Since the discovery of cacao, goji, lucuma, maca and other superfoods, the basic superfoods like kale, blueberries, cranberries and apples, are not often considered to be so super any more. Well, I got news for you – they’re still super, they’re cheaper than a bag of goji berries, and they’re really easy to find no matter what part of the world you call home.

So if packing a smoothie full of hard to find powders and tonics just ain’t your style, but having a rockin’ immune system is, this vegan smoothie recipe is right up your alley!

Berry Immunity Smoothie (35)

In the spirit of passing on the superfood love, I’ve shared this delicious smoothie recipe along with tips on how to make the perfect un-green smoothie (for those afraid of drinking green things), and details on super seeds, over on my friend Sonnet’s blog, For the Love of Food.

Head on over to For the Love of food to check out my recipe (and prepare to make this your new favorite breakfast!)

Berry Immunity Smoothie (64)

This sounds great Leanne! I agree with you – ever since more ‘exotic’ superfoods have been introduced to North America, the basic but still oh-so-great ones have kind of been given the back seat. I still love them all though – and the ‘old superfoods’ are usually much cheaper which is a huge bonus!

Heather

This looks really delicious! But I have to add something to the comment that you can find these ingredients “anywhere you call home”. Sadly, it has been next to impossible for me to find kale here in Belgium! With a bit of research it looks like it is not so available in continental Europe. The only way I have gotten it is to bring some back from a trip to England. It’s a pity, since I would like to try a lot of your recipes with kale. Any ideas for a good substitute?

Wow, that’s great to know, Heather. I had no idea. You can replace it with spinach, no problem!

Sylvia Perez

Hi Leanne! If you don’t mind me asking- what type of blender do you use?

I don’t mind at all! I have a Vitamix and love it to bits.

a farmer in the dell

My husband and I are farmers. Blueberries and kale will always be our go-to super foods! This is a lovely recipe. I love your blog!

Wow, that’s very cool. How did you get into that profession? Great to hear that you support the blueberries and kale!

Hyacijnth

trying to download free ebook, but it is not working. Help

Hi there – are you subscribed to receive daily or weekly email updates? If so, there is a link on the right hand side of the email that you can click on. Hope that helps!

Cookin Canuck

Blueberry and kale will always be super foods in my book! This looks like a fantastic way to start the day.

Amen to that! I like your style, Dara :)

Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family

Oh kale, blueberries, cranberries, and apples will always have a place in my heart :)

Love the glass dharma straw for the smoothie !