With an unexpected batch of pesto sitting in my fridge yesterday, I decided to asked you guys what I should do with it.
At the end of the day we’d come up with over 20 ways to use it up, just in time for me to prep dinner!
- Eggs with toast
- Spread on chicken and grill
- Toss with pasta
- Veggie dip
- Pizza sauce
- Freeze it in an ice cube tray and use for later
- Spread on cooked salmon with a sprinkle of chopped nuts
- Mix with hummus for added protein (or add to avohumocado)
- Sandwich spread
- Pinwheel wraps
- Thin out to make salad dressing
- Add to mayonnaise for a tangy mayo
- Mix in with chickpeas and sun dried tomatoes for a quick bean salad
- Mash with 2 hard boiled eggs and use as you would egg salad
- Add to cooked mashed potatoes
- Stir in with melted dairy-free cheese for a creamy sauce
- Add to vegetable soup
- Coat veggies and roast them
- Add lemon juice and use as a marinade
- Cook with wild rice
- Mix in with meatloaf before baking
On top of that, I remembered a couple of pesto based recipes I’d enjoyed in the past – it’s amazing how quickly I forget what’s up on the blog.
Makes me wish I had made more pesto so I could make everything?!
Good thing it’s so darn easy to make
After a healthy dose of indecisiveness and a pantry inventory check to see what I could actually make, I landed on pasta.
But not just any pasta… (because to be honest, I didn’t have any in the house) zucchini pasta!
Warmed Thai Basil Zucchini Pasta
Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Yeast free, Corn free, Grain free
Pecan pesto, fresh parsley and shrimp served on a bed of zucchini noodles makes for a perfect light dinner for one!
Yield: approx. 2 cups
- 2 tbsp Thai basil pecan pesto
- 1 large zucchini, shredded in spirializer or just finely shredded
- 100g (approx. 24) fully cooked shrimp, tail removed
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- Himalayan rock salt or Herbamare, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- lemon wedge
- In a medium-sized frying pan, melt coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook for 30 seconds, just to warm up.
- Add pesto and shrimp and stir to coat. Cook another 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with salt, pepper, parsley and a lemon wedge.
Enjoying this for dinner last night was the perfect way to end a surprisingly fantastic day.
Have a fabulous Friday, everyone!