Although the scent of chai has filled our house with the transition to fall, and the homemade chai lattes are flowing freely in the kitchen, I’m not ready to say good-bye to summer.
I can accept that the Canadian in me will be enjoying burgers on the grill throughout the depths of winter… so long as Kevin’s the one workin’ the grill!
So I guess what I’m trying to say to you is: expect more barbecue recipes from me. I may just throw one in in January and see who’s up for the task ;)
Lean and Clean Turkey Burgers
Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Yeast free, Corn free
These burgers are high in protein, low in fat, and lick-your-lips delicious! Trading in an egg for egg whites and bread crumbs for quinoa flakes cleans up this lean approach to your everyday burger.
Lightly adapted from The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook
Yield: 5 burger patties
- 1 lb organic lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon herbamare
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, lightly beat egg white.
- Add all ingredients except the turkey and mix well with your hands, or a spoon until the quinoa flakes are coated.
- Add turkey and mash with your hands until combined. Form into 5-6 patties and throw them on the outdoor grill, indoor grill, or in the oven at 350F for 45 minutes. If you have a meat thermometer, you want to reach an internal temperature of 165F.
Of course a burger just wouldn’t be complete without homemade fries. For this batch I decided to add some Ms. Dash lemon pepper seasoning. So delicious.
I also doubled the potatoes so I could bring the leftovers with me for lunch today.
Best choice ever!
What did you pack for lunch today?