Generally I wake up starving, but when it’s this hot all I want to do is lay under a fan, spraying myself with water every couple of seconds.
… don’t judge… I have done this before and it’s absolutely refreshing.
But there was none of that this morning, no, no.
I peeled myself out of bed knowing that there was a sleepy smoothie waiting for me in the fridge.
Cold, quick, light, and satisfying.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ¾ cup mango – fresh or frozen
- ½ banana
- 1.5 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoon gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- To be made the night before you plan on eating it, or at least 4 hours in advance.
- Combine all ingredients in a glass container [I like to use mason jars and give it a quick shake] and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, pour ingredients into blender and process until smooth.
If you need added protein, don’t be afraid to add protein powder to the mix before letting it sit overnight.
I thanked myself even more when I remembered I had made two batches last night – one for me to eat right away, the other to take pictures of and freeze for tomorrow.
Gotta love when you get ahead of yourself and then forget about it. It turns out to be such a nice surprise!