The top 7 keto foods you should have in your house if having a healthy gut is a priority to you! Solutions you need to support your gut, plus supplements for a healthy microbiome on a ketogenic diet.
If you’ve been following Healthful Pursuit for awhile now, you know that I used a ketogenic diet to get my period back. That’s right! After more than 7 years of having amenorrhea, I used a keto diet to balance my hormones so much so that in September of 2015, I got my first period in over 7 years. And, it’s been going strong ever since.
on pages 81 through 83 of my digital program, Fat Fueled.
Now that my hormones are balanced, I’ve switched gears to see how I can adapt a ketogenic diet to aid in gut healing. While much of what I’ve removed from my diet already (grains, sugars, processed garbage) has helped me heal my gut, much more work needs to be done.
Gut health is a scary topic, and even more so when you’re on a ketogenic diet. If you Google, “how to heal my gut”, or “steps for gut healing”, or even “how to heal your gut on a ketogenic diet”, you’ll be BOMBARDED with steps. And, I betcha you’ll get overwhelmed just like I did!
Don’t let all of the to-do lists scare you. Probably the most powerful thing you can do for your gut health on a ketogenic diet is to incorporate bone broth. It’s easy to make, it’s easy to drink, and it’s packed with gut-healing properties like gelatin, glycine and glutamine which:
- Absorb water and helps to maintain the layer of mucus that keeps gut microbes away from the intestinal barrier
- Reduce the inflammation
- Protect against gastric ulcers
- Maintain the integrity of the gut mucosa and intestinal barrier
- Stimulate the production of stomach acid
- Are components of bile acid
- And so much more
And the gut healing conversation wouldn’t be complete without mentioning my friends at Kettle & Fire. Their bone broth is rich in collagen, USDA approved, and made from grass-fed bones & organic ingredients. I told them I was doing a video on gut health today and they offered a sweet discount for all Healthful Pursuit followers:
Get AT LEAST 20% off their grass-fed bone broth plus, when you order 6 or more cartons, you’ll get free shipping!
OK let’s get to the 7 must-have keto foods and supplements for gut health and healing!
For video transcript PDF, scroll down.
Your Mini Guide & Transcript
A 5 to 10 page PDF with the transcript for this video, resources, and exclusive steps to taking your fat burning to the next level. Download to your device and access anytime.
Simply click the button above, enter your details, and the guide will be delivered to your inbox!
- One of the easiest ways to heal your gut on keto
- Why raw vegetables are a BAD idea
- How grass-fed meat affects your gut
- Video: How to pick the right collagen
- Get more than 20% off Kettle & Fire bone broth
- Stock up on grass-fed meat
- Check out more gut-supporting keto-friendly products and supplements like: coconut oil, 50 billion probiotics, digestive enzymes, and L-glutamine
- Grab a copy of my best-selling ketogenic program, The Keto Bundle
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel so we can be lifelong friends!