Our day of disconnecting was absolutely awesome.
I managed to read through Tosca’s entire cookbook, placing post-it tabs on the recipes I want to make first – there are over 50 colorful tabs jutting out of the book now.
I made endless batches of healthy doughnuts. They didn’t taste perfect and they didn’t look perfect either, so I wrapped them up and decided to freeze them for my trip to the ashram in less than 3 weeks. No gluten-free doughnut recipes for the blog just yet :)
Later in the afternoon Kevin and I decided to go to the movie theater. Being the major Planet of the Apes fans that we are, it didn’t surprise me when we chose to watch The Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Holy man, was that an awesome movie.
The day wrapped up with us cuddling up under a blanket on the patio enjoying a plate of turkey burgers and fries.
Oh, and I made protein cookies…
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 scoop (serving) protein powder *see note
- 1 large organic egg or 1 flax egg [1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoon water]
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon powdered white stevia *see note
- ⅓ cup unsweetened carob chips or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients but carob chips in your food processor and pulse with the “S” blade.
- Remove bowl from machine and add in carob chips. Mix with hands and form into balls, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they start to crackle.
How much stevia you need is dependent on what type you’re using. Start with a couple of pinches, taste before the egg is added to the mix, then add a bit more. Alternatively, you could use ⅓ cup coconut sugar or other sugars.
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)
We have one busy day ahead of us, another reason why yesterday was so needed.
I need to head out for my 18km run this morning, tidy the house, do laundry, and prepare for dinner. We’re having my little sister; Christina, and her boyfriend over for dinner tonight.
Okay, time to get this show on the road!