- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 scoop (30 grams) protein powder
- 1 large organic egg or 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoon water)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered white stevia
- 1/3 cup unsweetened carob chips or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients but carob chips in your food processor and pulse with the “S” blade.
- Remove bowl from machine and add in carob chips. Mix with hands and form into balls, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they start to crackle.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
I used a combination of vanilla rice + plain hemp protein powders.
How much stevia you need is dependent on what type you’re using. Start with a couple of pinches, taste before the egg is added to the mix, then add a bit more. Alternatively, you could use 1/3 cup coconut sugar or other sugars.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 129
- Calories from Fat: 58
- Total Fat: 6.5
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 25> mg
- Sodium: 26 mg
- Carbs: 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Net Carbs: 8.9 g
- Sugars: 4.4 g
- Protein: 6.3 g