I was so tired yesterday morning that I decided to skip my morning workout, treat myself to a 30 minute sleep in, and prepare a nice breakfast.
After enjoying an apple quinoa flake bake, I set the intention that I would find the time in the afternoon for a run.
Thankfully, 10 hours later I was headed out the door for a 7km run around the outskirts of town.
It was a gorgeous afternoon. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and there was so much wildlife! When I returned home I decided to grab my camera and head out again in hopes of capturing some action.
Of course as luck would have it, many of the animals had since moved on. But, I ended up being entertained by a bird that was hopping between fence posts for at least a kilometer before he took off flying.
Have I mentioned how much I love living here? You’d never see this in the city!
Being entertained by the bird made me completely oblivious to my impending hunger.
The minute I got in the door, I cut a slice of leftover pie and enjoyed it on our patio.
Dear Summer – please never leave me.
I initially made this pie for our neighborhood barbecue a couple of weeks ago.
We loved it so much that I’ve made it two additional times. One time with strawberry, and the other banana flavored.
I’d say blueberry with a touch of lemon has been my favorite… so far.
No bake Blueberry Cream Pie
Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Yeast free, Corn free
This sugar and dairy free no bake cream pie is light, refreshing, packed with fiber, and made from 100% whole foods.
Yield: 1 deliciously healthy 9″ pie
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Blueberry Cream Filling
- 2 cups fresh blueberries *see note
- Flesh from 1 medium coconut [yield 1.5 cups]
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest, grated [optional]
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon white stevia powder
- Process crust ingredients in a food processor with the “S” blade until they form into a ball. Drop crust into a 9″ glass pie pan and shape to the pan. Set aside.
- Open your coconut using these 7 simple steps
- Process all cream ingredients in a blender until smooth. You may have to use your tamper to push the ingredients into the blade. If you don’t have a tamper, try adding melted coconut oil or a tablespoon or so of coconut milk to allow the ingredients to blend properly. Pour filling into pie pan and flatten with a spatula. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour. Garnish with blueberry jam, blueberries, or unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
*I believe you could try frozen blueberries, but you may find that they add too much liquid to the mix.
What physical activities did you do yesterday?