Kevin had to work late last night, so the girls and I got to enjoy another ladies night.
I came home to a clean house [couldn't be happier that I busted my buns cleaning the house over the weekend], went for a snow-in-shoe-and-socks walk in the park, and made a Summery dinner to remind myself that warm weather is just around the corner.
I could never, ever eat chard on it’s own, but it’s actually fantastic when used as a wrap [as long as the fillings are good!]
Tuna Chard Wraps with Fresh Dill Sauce
Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Yeast free
These wraps make for a light meal high in protein, vitamin K, and phytonutrients. Using Swiss chard instead of conventional wheat based wraps gives you 2 extra servings of veggies while also helping to balance your blood sugar. Best of all, this dinner is ready in under 10 minutes!
- 2 leaves of Swiss chard
- 1/2 cup leftover fresh tuna or organic canned tuna *see note
- 2 tablespoon full fat coconut milk – I like to use the cream from the top of the can
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Herbamare original or Himalayan rock salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Lay the Swiss chard leaves face down so that the stem is visible. Run a small knife along the stem to remove the bulk of it, but not so much that the full leaf separates. Repeat for second leaf and set aside
- Place coconut milk, green onions, dill, lemon juice, and herbamare in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place tuna in a small bowl, combine with 1/2 the sauce, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Divide the tuna mix and place on each leaf. Roll the leaf tightly [be gentle!] and cut down the middle.
- Place on a plate with extra lemon, remaining sauce + veggie sticks.
Checkout Gena’s tutorial if none of my instructions make sense.
Makes 1 serving.
Note: you’re looking for a mercury free tuna. If you don’t have tuna, salmon would work too!
The tuna + dill sauce combo was fantastic!
… Pebbles thought so to.
Note to self: never leave food unattended in the office, even if it’s just for 10 seconds to get a napkin.
Thankfully I had a dessert in mind – one of our all time favorite Omgiidernigtd Snacks…
Apple Cinnamon Dips
Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Yeast free
The quickest and most popular snack in the Healthful Pursuit household. Get creative by pouring the nut butter over top the apples and coating with crushed flax seeds, nuts, or granola!
- 1 your favorite type of apple, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon nut butter – we like to use cocoalmond mania butter
- Sprinkle apple with cinnamon and serve with a side of nut butter, maple syrup, or honey.
Makes 1 serving.
I’m happy to say that Pebbles got none of this action!
What are your favorite sandwich/wrap fillings?
Do you have pets? Have they ever stolen your food?