Thank you for sharing your personal experiences and support on yesterdays post.
It’s comforting to know that there are other people out there that go through the same life challenges. When I’m having a low moment I like to think that someone, somewhere is dealing with the same feelings. I guess it’s my way of staying connected.
My first [official] week of marathon training is complete and…
- I scream in agony every time I try to sit down [darn those lunges!]
- I passed out while laying on my heating pad last night to calm my muscles. Somehow my retainer didn’t get into my mouth before I drifted off, and now I have a mangled and melted retainer.
- I’ve learned that although our neighbors garage door is the same style and color as ours, our remote control will not open it. I did however get a good scare when I sat in front of what I thought was my garage and the darn thing wouldn’t open.
- I cried when we ran out of ketchup. An omelet just isn’t an omelet without ketchup, okay?!
What an exciting adventure I’m having!
Today is my first rest day in what feels like forever. I <3 Sundays. The plan for today:
- Have breakfast [the one below, of course!]
- Plan next weeks recipes – I feel a smoothie in our near future
- Make this and this for my lunches this week
- Oh, and can’t forget… I’m making apple fiber bars!
Okay, time to get to it!
Overnight Banana Almond Pudding
Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free
This pudding is a great on-the-go breakfast [or snack], is good cold or, if it’s a chilly morning, you can warm up in the microwave for 45 seconds. It’s gooey, it’s a bit sticky, and it’s healthy!!
- 1 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond milk – I use unsweetened original
- 2 tbsp shelled flax seed
Suggested toppings: granola, coconut, raisins, almonds, dried apples, maple syrup, extra flax seed
To be made the night before you plan on eating it, or at least 4 hours in advance
- If your flax seed is not shelled, no worries! Place flax seed in a ziploc bag and place on your cutting board. Take a medium sized saucepan and hit the bag with the flat side of the pot. The shells should separate from the inner germ. Place the entire contents of the bag in a glass container.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Seal container and keep in the fridge overnight.
- Enjoy right from the fridge, or heat in the microwave for 45 seconds.
Makes 1 serving
Nutrition stats: calories 419; fat 30g; saturated fat 14.2g; dietary fiber 9g; sugars 16g; protein 8g
What’s the silliest thing you’ve done or said when you’re tired?