- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon freshly ground flax mixed with 6 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup apple juice, room temperature
- 3 tablespoon yacon syrup or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup zucchini, grated – squeeze out the moisture over the sink
- 1/4 cup apple, grated – squeeze out the moisture over the sink
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried apple or diced apples
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×9 cake pan with coconut oil. Alternatively you can use a 6 cup casserole dish.
- Prepare flax egg and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, quinoa flakes, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Place coconut oil, dates, apple juice, and yacon in a blender. Process until smooth and transfer to the bowl of flour mix.
- Stir mixture until well combined, then fold in zucchini, grated apple, pecans and dried apples.
- Drop mixture into prepared pan, place on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Serve with almond milk and drizzle with Soy Free Vegan Cream Cheese Icing
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 427
- Calories from Fat: 250
- Total Fat: 27.8
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Sodium: 266 mg
- Carbs: 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.2 g
- Net Carbs: 26.3 g
- Sugars: 19.8 g
- Protein: 3.3 g