- 1/2 cups sunflower kernels, soaked in water for 24 hours
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dulse flakes *see note
- 2 collard leaves
- 1 pickles, sliced
- 1 small carrot, cut matchstick
- Drain and rinse sunflower seeds.
- Place seeds, pickle juice, lemon juice, and salt in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse 10-15 times until seeds are broken up.
- Drop mixture into a bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix with a large spoon until incorporated.
- Wrap in collard leaves with carrot sticks and sliced pickle. To make collard wrap, lay chard leaves face down so that the stem is visible. Run a small knife along the stem to remove the bulk of it, but not so much that the full leaf separates. Divide the tuna mix and place on each leaf. Roll the leaf tightly [be gentle!] and cut down the middle. 1 large leaf will make 4 wraps. Or, you could use romaine wraps, too.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
If you can’t find dulse flakes, dulse chips could work as well. Just rip apart and grind in your coffee grinder to create flakes. You can find dulse in the ethnic isle at many grocery stores, at Asian food markets and many health food stores.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 359
- Calories from Fat: 274
- Total Fat: 30.5
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Sodium: 238 mg
- Carbs: 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.1 g
- Net Carbs: 8.1 g
- Sugars: 2.7 g
- Protein: 12.9 g