- 1 cup raw whole cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Natural Calm
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest from one lemon (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- Add the cashews, water and Natural Calm to the jug of your high powered blender. If you do not have a high powered blender, it’s best to soak the cashews before using them in this recipe. To soak, add cashews to a bowl and cover with water. Allow to sit in the water for 12 hours before draining, rinsing and using in this recipe.
- Blend mixture until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add honey, then lemon juice and continue running for 20 more seconds, until everything is mixed.
- Drop in lemon zest, whiz lightly.
- Ice cream maker version: transfer mixture into a bowl. Cover and chill for 12 hours. Then, use in your ice cream maker, according to it’s directions.
- Freezer method: separate mixture into 4 bowls and place in the freezer for a total of 3 hours. Remove bowls from the freezer every 30-45 minutes to whisk everything together and prevent the mixture from clumping.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Honey can also be used
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from Fat: 143
- Total Fat: 15.9
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 9 mg
- Carbs: 20 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
- Net Carbs: 18.9 g
- Sugars: 10.5 g
- Protein: 5.3 g