- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew halves, soaked for 12 hours
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Place raw cashew halves in a glass dish and fill with filtered water. Cover and place in the fridge to soak for 12 hours.
- Then, drain and rinse the cashews with water.
- Drop cashews in a blender or food processor and add remaining ingredients. Begin with 2 tablespoons of water and work up to 3 tablespoons if needed. The water is in the recipe just to help the mixture get as smooth as possible in the blender.
- Blend for 2 minutes or so, until it’s as smooth as smooth can be. Set aside for a couple of hours.
- Drape a tall plastic container with cheesecloth. For thinner, more creamy cream cheese, double up the cloth. For a firmer cheese, use 1-ply. I chose to double up.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture onto the cheesecloth.
- Pull up the sides of cheesecloth and tie with a piece of string or twine.
- Hang the cheese bag on a kitchen utensil and rest it inside a vase or juice pitcher. It just has to be extended in the air so that the extra liquids can drain from it.
- Leave in a warm place for at least 24 hours. Then, remove from the hanging setup you’ve created, remove cheesecloth and serve as is or add flavors such as herbs, vanilla or a touch of sugar.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 75
- Calories from Fat: 54
- Total Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Carbs: 4.4 g
- Sugars: 0.7 g
- Protein: 2 g