- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb (white part only), sliced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 28 ounces canned plum tomatoes, in juice
- 2 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- Add oil, fennel, garlic, salt and pepper to a large saucepan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer half of the sauteed onion mixture into blender with half the tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste and arrowroot. Blend until smooth. Transfer to the saucepan with onion mixture and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover ad bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and allow the soup to simmer for 30 minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To make in a slow cooker: add all ingredients to slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 228
- Calories from Fat: 51
- Total Fat: 5.7
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 783 mg
- Carbs: 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g
- Net Carbs: 29.5 g
- Sugars: 14.8 g
- Protein: 9.1 g