- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets, steamed for 3 minutes
- 7 strips uncured beef bacon, cooked fully and then chopped
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup canola, olive oil or egg-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free mustard
- 1 tablespoon unpasteurized honey
- handful of fresh parsley (optional)
- Lightly steam the broccoli for 2-3 minutes, just until the florets are crisp tender. This is optional, I just find broccoli easier on my digestion when it’s lightly steamed. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Fry bacon as per package instructions. Be sure to cook until crisp. We like beef bacon because it’s higher in protein, easier on digestion, a has less fat. Plus it tastes so good! Once cooked, set on a paper towel lined plate. Pat dry and break up into small pieces.
- Add bacon, sun dried tomatoes, currants, sunflower seeds and red onion to the broccoli bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and stir until incorporated. Pour over the broccoli mix and stir to coat.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and enjoy!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 278
- Calories from Fat: 166
- Total Fat: 18.4
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 36> mg
- Sodium: 377 mg
- Carbs: 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.6 g
- Net Carbs: 9.8 g
- Sugars: 6.8 g
- Protein: 9.4 g