- 3 cups raw, unsalted hulled sunflower seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread sunflower seeds onto a large baking sheet in a thin layer.
- Place in the oven for a total of 10-15 minutes. After the first 5 minutes, rotate every 3 minutes until seeds are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Add roasted seeds to the bowl of your food processor or high powered blender. Begin to blend/pulse, for a total of 10-12 minutes.
- While the machine is running, add oil (1 tablespoon at first) and a pinch of salt.
- If you feel that your butter needs a bit more liquifying action, add additional oil. The full process will take 10-12 minutes to fully breakdown the seeds. Allow the machine to do it’s thing, turn it off once in awhile to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 65
- Calories from Fat: 56
- Total Fat: 6.2
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 16 mg
- Carbs: 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Net Carbs: 1 g
- Protein: 1.8 g