- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder, optional
- Add cashews to a clean glass container. Cover with water; not the water listed in the recipe.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Once complete, strain and rinse.
- Add soaked cashews, 1 of cup water and vanilla extract to the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass container and add in ground vanilla bean, if using. Cover, shake and refrigerate overnight or freeze for 1 hour.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufacturers instructions.
- Consume immediately. Or transfer to a chilled container and freeze for 2 hours for harder scoops. If using in ice cream sandwiches, freeze for 2 hours and sandwich between these Vegan Chocolate Cake Donuts.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 160
- Calories from Fat: 114
- Total Fat: 12.7
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 6 mg
- Carbs: 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Net Carbs: 8.3 g
- Sugars: 1.5 g
- Protein: 4.2 g