- 1½ cups ground walnuts or blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch/flour/powder
- 3 tablespoons toasted carob powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt or sea salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar, honey (not vegan), or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, whisking until combined. Set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl, whisking until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix with a spoon until fully incorporated. The mixture will be thick, just keep turning it over until all of dry pieces are part of the large mass of dough.
- Scoop cookie dough into a 1/4 cup measuring cup, turn over and flop onto the preparing baking sheet leaving around 2-inches between each cookie.
- Press down on the cookies lightly. Then place in the oven to bake for 13-16 minutes, until tops are slightly cracked and your house smells like a bakery.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the pan for 30 minutes or so.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
If you’re allergic to nuts you can try to substitute the ground walnuts with ground sunflower seeds instead.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 360
- Calories from Fat: 251
- Total Fat: 27.9
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 183 mg
- Carbs: 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g
- Net Carbs: 21.5 g
- Sugars: 14.7 g
- Protein: 8 g