- ¾ cup blanched ground almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Genuine Health fermented proteins+
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon grey sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax and 3 tablespoons of warm water OR 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons birch-sourced xylitol or 10 drops of alcohol-free stevia
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- Set your waffle iron on the counter and set to medium heat.
- Add dry ingredients to a small bowl, set aside. Add wet ingredients to a small bowl. Add wet to dry and combine with a spoon until incorporated.
- Transfer the dough, it will be quite thick, to the preheated waffle iron. Cover with the lid and cook until the waffle iron beeps. Once complete, transfer to a cooling rack and break into quarter sections.
- Meanwhile, if using marshmallows, add to a saucepan with coconut oil and melt over medium-low heat, stirring often. Once complete, transfer melted marshmallow to the tops of your waffle pieces. If making your marshmallows, do this now. You can go all the way to step number 5. Once the fluff is ready for the pan, transfer it instead to the tops of your waffle pieces.
- Combine Chocolate Sauce ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over top. I didn’t add sweetener because it’s sitting over top of marshmallow, so should be totally okay the way it is
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Vegan: to make vegan, use the flax egg option as listed in the recipe and use vegan marshmallows.
Paleo: to make paleo, remove the Genuine Health protein powder. No need to replace this ingredient.
Keto: to make more keto friendly, you could use less of the marshmallow topping, or omit it entirely, making the recipe sugar-free.
Egg-free: use the flax egg option as listed in the recipe.
Sugar-free: without the marshmallows, this recipe is sugar-free.
Genuine Health: if you don’t have genuine health protein powder, or want to make this entirely grain-free, you could use this waffle recipe instead. And, add a bit of stevia and cinnamon.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from Fat: 147
- Total Fat: 16.3
- Saturated Fat: 6.4 g
- Sodium: 89 mg
- Carbs: 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
- Net Carbs: 11.3 g
- Sugars: 7.1 g
- Protein: 6.9 g