Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups cooked black turtle beans
- 2 cups cooked navy beans
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Leaves from 4 endives
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place red bell pepper, garlic cloves, ginger, leek and fennel seeds on a medium-sized cookie sheet. Top with 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil and stir to coat.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until peppers are soft.
- Add vegetables to a blender with lemon juice, oil, salt and cayenne.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Place salad ingredients in a large bowl. Top with roasted vegetable puree. Stir to coat.
- Allow to chill for a couple of hours for the flavors to develop.
- When ready to enjoy, portion out into the leaves and dig in!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 362
- Calories from Fat: 88
- Total Fat: 9.7
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 143 mg
- Carbs: 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 20.9 g
- Net Carbs: 33.9 g
- Sugars: 6.6 g
- Protein: 16.7 g