- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped (approximately 5 cups)
- 6 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Peel the outer layers of the garlic bulb to reveal as much skin as possible while also keeping the individual cloves intact. Cut off about ¼-inch from the top of the bulb. Place in on a square of aluminum foil and coat each with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Place in prepared oven for 35 minutes.
- Once complete, allow to cool slightly before removing from aluminum foil and squeezing out the garlic from each clove.
- Meanwhile, pour remaining olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring heat to medium-high and add chopped shallots. Saute until tender and beginning to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add roasted garlic along with remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is softened.
- Drop mixture into the bowl of your food processor or blender. Puree until smooth, about 30 seconds. Adjust with salt and pepper and serve.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 73
- Calories from Fat: 22
- Total Fat: 2.4
- Sodium: 1201 mg
- Carbs: 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
- Net Carbs: 9.2 g
- Sugars: 4.1 g
- Protein: 2.1 g