Pumpkin Seed and Herb Salad:
- 1 cup raw kale with stems removed
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts/shelled seeds
- 1 handful each the following fresh herbs: cilantro, flat leaf parsley, and mint
- 1 serving of Vegan Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Pumpkin Seed and Lemon Salad Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon raw pumpkin seed oil
- ¼ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- For the salad, rinse the kale under hot water for 30 seconds or so to soften up and make it easier on digestion.
- Chop fresh herbs and add all salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- For the dressing, add all ingredients to a jar, shake and pour over your salad.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Serving size: This recipe is for 1 serving of salad. Feel free to double, triple or quadruple up if needed (I highly recommend it!)
Kale: If you cannot find kale, any green will work.
Hemp hearts: can be replaced with any seed you’d like – pumpkin, sunflower, etc.
Parmesan: If you do not want to make the Parmesan, just sub out with 2-3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast flakes added right to the salad.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 388
- Calories from Fat: 217
- Total Fat: 13.1
- Saturated Fat: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 180 mg
- Carbs: 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.6 g
- Net Carbs: 27.5 g
- Sugars: 1.3 g
- Protein: 18.6 g