- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds, finely ground
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepita seeds), finely ground
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons golden flax seeds, finely ground
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250F and take out one large baking sheets. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until fully mixed. The dough will be very thick, like cookie batter.Grab a large piece of parchment paper about 20 inches wide. Shape the dough into a ball and place in the middle of the parchment.
- Fold over the parchment (like a book) and then roll the dough between the two pieces of parchment until it’s as thin as you can get it. The thinner the better.
- Fold away the top half of the parchment and cut or rip it away. Keeping the cheese on their current sheet of parchment, transfer to a baking sheet .Bake for 1 hour, take out of the oven and remove the parchment paper. Break the cheese up into rough chunks and place directly on the baking sheet. Return to the oven to cook for another 20 minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- Keeps well in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Golden flax doesn’t have to be used, brown flax is a great option, too. I just liked the color that the golden flax gave the cheese.
If you’re not sensitive to nuts, you could replace either the pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds with 1/4 cup macadamia nuts.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 131
- Calories from Fat: 87
- Total Fat: 9.7
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 119 mg
- Carbs: 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g
- Net Carbs: 3.9 g
- Protein: 5.5 g