- 4 medium zucchinis, cut into noodle shape
- or 8 oz. gluten-free brown rice spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- 4 bell peppers
- pumpkin carver
Raw Red Sauce
- 1 large hot house tomato
- ½ cup (85 grams) sun dried tomatoes, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- ½ red pepper
- ¼ red onion
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, soaked for a couple of hours
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce – I used Braggs All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pitted medjool date
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Begin preparing pasta. Once cooked, set aside.
- Meanwhile, carve faces in your peppers. To do this, cut a round section on the top of the pepper. Discard the seeds and scrape away the insides. Being very careful, begin to carve the jack-o-lantern face. When complete, set aside.
- To prepare pasta sauce – add all ingredients to the bowl of your food processor. Process for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add pasta and stir to coat.
- Divide pasta amongst prepared peppers and pull strands of pasta through the mouths or eyes of the jack-o-lanterns.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 163
- Calories from Fat: 52
- Total Fat: 5.8
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 181 mg
- Carbs: 26 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.8 g
- Net Carbs: 19.2 g
- Sugars: 14.4 g
- Protein: 5 g