- 1/3 cup sweet white sorghum flour
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch sea salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon xylitol, ¼ teaspoon powdered stevia, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, demerara sugar, etc.
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Mix with a fork to break up the flour.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl until incorporated.
- Add the wet mixture to dry and stir until just mixed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour ½ of the mixture into the preheated pan. Allow the first side to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form and the edges begin to turn golden. At about the 1.5 minute mark, add half of the sliced bananas and continue to cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Carefully flip and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes. Because there isn’t a lot of starch in this pancake, you have to be very careful with the flipping!
- To remove pancake from pan, turn the pan over onto a cooling rack and hit the bottom of the pan with your spatula. The pancake should pop out with all banana slices in place!
- Meanwhile, add maple cream ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining batter and serve stack with maple cream below (optional)
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 335
- Calories from Fat: 56
- Total Fat: 6.2
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 164> mg
- Sodium: 67 mg
- Carbs: 65 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.6 g
- Net Carbs: 58.4 g
- Sugars: 10.9 g
- Protein: 11.6 g