- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1.5 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoon warm water [between 110 – 115F – I used a meat thermometer to check ;) ]
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried strawberries
- 2 medjool dates
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Red side stripes
- 1/2 cup grape juice sweetened strawberry jam
- 3 cups fresh organic strawberries, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened long shredded coconut
To make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together tapioca flour, sorghum, brown rice flour, millet flour, coconut sugar, ground flax seed, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Dissolve the 1/2 teaspoon of coconut sugar in the water before adding the dry yeast and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the yeast to the dry ingredients, then mix in oil, egg and vinegar.
- Beat the dough until smooth and sticky. The pizza dough should be creamy smooth and not too thick- it’s not sturdy like typical bread dough. It almost borders on batter, but can still be formed somewhat.
- Scoop dough onto prepare pan. Using clean hands press down lightly and flatten the dough to create a thin, even rectangle. Take your time to smooth out the dough. Set the pizza shell in a warm spot to rest and rise for 15 minutes.
- Brush with olive oil, cinnamon, and sugar before placing in the prepared oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Beginning with your maple leaf, place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Drop mixture onto a sheet of parchment. Place another sheet of parchment over top, and roll the mixture until it’s about 1/2? thick. You should now have a perfect flat surface to cut into with a cookie cutter! The cookie cutter may get stuck on the mix, if so, roll back out, place in the freezer for 10 minutes, and retry. I had to be very patient removing the maple leaf from the cookie cutter, but it did work! Set aside.
- Begin brushing jam on either side of the pizza with a spoon until fully coated. Place sliced strawberries on top.
- Slowly pour melted coconut butter in the middle of the pizza until the middle portion is covered. Sprinkle with coconut, being sure not to get any on the red portion.
- Top with your maple leaf and you’re ready to party!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 135
- Calories from Fat: 48
- Total Fat: 5.4
- Saturated Fat: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 8> mg
- Sodium: 40 mg
- Carbs: 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Net Carbs: 18.6 g
- Sugars: 9 g
- Protein: 1.6 g