- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add water, sesame seeds and lemon juice to the jug of your high powered blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes, until smooth. Set aside.
- Add oil to a medium saucepan or frying pan and melt on medium-low.
- Add nutritional yeast and stir with a fork until all yeast is covered in oil.
- Pour in sesame seed mixture and stir until it comes to a boil.
- Add in remaining ingredients: mustard, onion powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in your favorite cooked pasta or serve warm with veggies.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Feel free to replace the coconut oil with whatever oil you have on hand. The great thing about using coconut oil is that, when heated, the sauce is runny and perfect “cheese sauce” consistency. But when chilled, it is similar to a cheese spread. If another type of oil is used, this may not be the case.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 81
- Calories from Fat: 51
- Total Fat: 5.7
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Trans Fat: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 9> mg
- Sodium: 93 mg
- Carbs: 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
- Net Carbs: 2.3 g
- Protein: 4.2 g