- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 head of kale, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped – leave the skin on!
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix – onion powder would work too
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoon miso
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon braggs soy sauce
- 1 3 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- To make the grain: combine all ingredients but egg whites in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil before reducing to simmer and allowing to cook for 30-40 minutes. In the last 10 minutes of cooking, when there’s still a bit of water left, stir in egg whites and place the lid back on. Once complete, remove from heat and allow to sit with lid on until ready.
- To make the veggies: preheat oven to 400F and combine all ingredients but kale on a baking sheet. Make sure to toss so that all veggies are coated in oil. Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes until sweet potato is soft. Add kale for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- To make the miso gravy: Combine dry ingredients in medium saucepan, add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for 30 seconds before removing from heat and adding miso, oil, braggs, and mustard. Whisk until combined. Serve hot.
- To make the luscious bowl: stack each yummy creation from above in a deep bowl and dig in!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 439
- Calories from Fat: 135
- Total Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 7.1 g
- Sodium: 1120 mg
- Carbs: 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10 g
- Net Carbs: 50.8 g
- Sugars: 8.5 g
- Protein: 19.5 g