- 3 medium raw turnips, chopped
- 4 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- Place chopped turnips and carrots in a large saucepan. Fill with water and bring to a boil with the lid on.
- Boil for 20 minutes, or until vegetables pierced with a fork are soft.
- Drain, return back to saucepan and add maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Mash with potato masher or transfer to stand mixer. Mash until all large clumps are gone.
- Serve with a protein.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 87
- Calories from Fat: 87
- Total Fat: 21.8
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Sodium: 91 mg
- Carbs: 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Net Carbs: 12.5 g
- Sugars: 10 g
- Protein: 1.2 g