- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup egg whites or 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon freshly ground flax + 3 tablespoon water)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine chickpea flour, chia seeds, baking powder, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl. Mix with a fork to break up the flour.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until just mixed. Set aside.
- Preheat a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the preheated pan. Allow the first side to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form and the edges begin to turn golden.
- Flip and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place completed pancake on cooling rack and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with glazed apples, coconut oil, maple syrup, or nut butter.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 338
- Calories from Fat: 40
- Total Fat: 4.5
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 74 mg
- Carbs: 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 13.4 g
- Net Carbs: 46.3 g
- Sugars: 23 g
- Protein: 16.5 g