- 1 gala apple, sliced – see note
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon quick cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place sliced apple and water in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add tapioca mixture to the apples and stir to coat. Return the lid and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over top Maple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
I don’t like to peel my apples, as many of the beneficial phytonutrients and fibers are in the skin itself.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 98
- Calories from Fat: 7
- Total Fat: 0.8
- Sodium: 12 mg
- Carbs: 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Net Carbs: 20.2 g
- Sugars: 19.1 g
- Protein: 0.5 g