- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon freshly ground flax mixed with 5 tablespoon water and allowed to sit for 5 minutes
- 8 medjool dates
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Boil 2 cups of water in a medium sized saucepan. Place coconut oil and chocolate chips in a small pot and place in the boiling water bath. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and allow chocolate to melt [make shift double boiler. If you have one, use it instead]. Once melted, set aside.
- Combine flax mix, dates, and vanilla in a blender and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Pour melted chocolate and blended wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix with a spoon until incorporated.
- Cover and place dough in the fridge for 1 hour – note: it may be difficult to handle the dough afterward. You could try rolling the dough into individual balls before chilling.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, keeping 1/2 inch between each cookie.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. [I baked them for exactly 10 minutes and they were perfect!]
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 113
- Calories from Fat: 68
- Total Fat: 7.6
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 41 mg
- Carbs: 10 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
- Net Carbs: 8.3 g
- Sugars: 7.7 g
- Protein: 0.5 g