- 1.5 pounds (680 grams) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon grey sea salt
- 27oz (800mL) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage, or more zucchini
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 green onions, green part only
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- A batch of Cilantro Mint Herb Pate
- Add chicken, curry paste, coconut oil and sea salt to a large saucepan. Saute on medium heat until outer pieces are white and interior is still pink.
- Add coconut milk and fish sauce. Cover, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your spaghetti squash. Regardless of the method you choose, cut the squash in half lengthwise. My favorite is steaming in my Instant Pot for 10 minutes on the “steam” setting. (Use coupon code HEALTHFUL for $10 off your Instant Pot). If you do not have an Instant Pot, you could steam on your stovetop for 30 minutes. Or place in a 400F oven in a casserole dish with 1-inch of water, cover and cook for 25 minutes. Shred and divide between 4 bowls.
- For the curry, add tomatoes, green cabbage, zucchini and onions. Cover and cook on low for another 10 minutes.
- Pour the coconut curry over top the squash bowls, add a dollop of pate and serve.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Green Curry Paste FODMAP: if you’re very sensitive to garlic, the green curry paste has some. You can make your own using this green curry paste recipe.
Nutrition Information based off a serving of curry without the pate. Herb pate nutrition information.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 518
- Calories from Fat: 321
- Total Fat: 35.7
- Saturated Fat: 25.9 g
- Cholesterol: 101> mg
- Sodium: 537 mg
- Carbs: 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
- Net Carbs: 11.3 g
- Sugars: 3.9 g
- Protein: 36.1 g