- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ½ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon xyltiol or 5 drops alcohol-free stevia
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup crushed almonds or almond flour
- 3 Brazil nuts
- 1 tablespoon Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- Add all ingredients but the ground almonds and toppings to a small saucepan. Stir until combined, then heat over medium heat, just until it begins to boil lightly. No need to cover.
- Once bubbling lightly, stir once over and leave to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in crushed almonds, and drop into a bowl. Top with toppings and eat immediately.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Making Ahead: I have not tried making this recipe ahead of time and eating it later. I’m not sure if it would get too sticky?
Nut-free: If you can’t do nuts, simply replace the ground almonds with crushed sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
Digestion: If you’re sensitive to nuts and seeds, you could try soaking the ingredients beforehand.
Nutrition Information: If you are not practicing a 2-meal eating style as I am, feel free to divide this recipe into 2 servings. If you only eat 1-2 times per day, the nutrition from this one-dish-meal is perfection!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 867
- Calories from Fat: 655
- Total Fat: 72.8
- Saturated Fat: 8.8 g
- Sodium: 239 mg
- Carbs: 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 24.5 g
- Net Carbs: 2.3 g
- Sugars: 5 g
- Protein: 43.8 g