- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts (raw pecans, raw macadamia nuts, raw cashews, etc.)
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed protein powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, optional
- Place a BPA-free 12-cup silicon muffin tray on a baking sheet and set aside. You could try to make this recipe in regular muffin tins with paper liners, too.
- Chop nuts into small pieces, about the size of a sunflower seed kernel. Add to a bowl with hemp seeds, coconut, protein powder and chia seeds. Set aside.
- Add coconut nectar to a large frying pan. Heat on medium-low heat, constantly stirring, until bubbles form. Add almond butter. Bring back to a bubble.
- Add remaining ingredients, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Stir to mix.
- Pour coconut nectar mix into nuts bowl and quickly stir to coat. You will want to move fast here as the coconut nectar mixture hardens quickly.
- Divide the mixture into the muffin cups. Press down firmly.
- Transfer tray to fridge to cool for 1 hour. Remove from muffin tray and store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1 month or freezer for 3 months.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 203
- Calories from Fat: 130
- Total Fat: 14.5
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 97 mg
- Carbs: 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
- Net Carbs: 11.1 g
- Sugars: 8.5 g
- Protein: 7.2 g