- 1-1/2 cups (240 g) natural raw almonds with skin
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) coconut flour
- 1/3 cup (60 g) potato starch
- ¼ cup (60 ml) whole psyllium husks
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) finely ground chia seeds (or chia meal, from about 1 tablespoon/15 ml whole chia seeds)
- ½ teaspoon (2. 5 ml) garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) dried basil, optional
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400F (200 C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a food processor, process the almonds, coconut flour, potato starch, psyllium, chia, garlic salt, salt, basil and baking powder until it attains the texture of very fine cornmeal (or sand). Pour the broth and vinegar over the mixture in the processor and process again until you have a moist dough.
- Using wet hands, pat the dough on the cookie sheet to about ½ inch (1 cm) thickness. You can pat it in a large circle or rectangle, or make two smaller round or square pizzas, as you like.
- Bake the pizza(s) for 20-25 minutes (or bake a larger single pizza for 25-30 minutes), until the edges are beginning to brown and the top is dry. Add desired toppings and bake another 20-30 minutes until edges are deep brown and the bottom is golden (you can lift a little corner of the pizza to check). Be sure not to underbake, though, or the center of the crust will still be wet. Makes 4 large or 6 smaller servings. May be frozen.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 338
- Calories from Fat: 191
- Total Fat: 21.2
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Sodium: 215 mg
- Carbs: 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.8 g
- Net Carbs: 20.8 g
- Sugars: 1.9 g
- Protein: 10.2 g