- 2 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1/4 cup dry green lentils
- 2 tablespoon dry navy beans
- 2 tablespoon dry red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoon dry pinto beans
- 4 cups warm water — temperature around 110F
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup dried currants
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon active dry yeast — Fleischmann’s yeast products are all gluten-free
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup amaranth flour
- 2 tablespoon freshly ground flax seed
- 2 large organic eggs
- 4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch dried/powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground stevia leaf or 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Separate the to-be-sprouted ingredients into 4 1L mason jars, then follow the step by step sprouting directions here [use the directions for seeds, even through there are a bit of legumes in the mix].
- When sprouting is complete, spread grains out on a baking sheet and dry in the oven on the lowest temperature for 6 hours, or until completely dried. You can also use a dehydrator for 15 hours on 140F as I did.
- Place mixture into your food processor, coffee grinder, flour mill or vitamix, and grind mixture until it’s made into a fine powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the water, honey, olive oil and yeast. Stir gently to mix and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Drop flour, arrowroot powder, potato starch, amaranth flour, flax seed, eggs, and salt into the yeast mixture. Mix for about 10 minutes. You can do this in your food processor with the dough “S” blade, or with an electric mixer. The dough should become firmer as time goes on. At the end it should resemble a batter bread, similar to quick bread.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Drop the dough into two 9 x 5 loaf pans, draped with parchment paper [image below]. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place loaves in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until the loaves are golden brown.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 289
- Calories from Fat: 86
- Total Fat: 9.6
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 16> mg
- Sodium: 88 mg
- Carbs: 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.3 g
- Net Carbs: 41.9 g
- Sugars: 12.3 g
- Protein: 6.2 g