- 1 ½ cup Espresso Fudge Protein Almond Butter (1 batch) or any of your favorite nut or seed butter
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoon ground decaf Bulletproof Coffee *see note
- ¾ cup roughly-ground flaxseed
- ¾ cup xylitol or other sweetener of your choice *see note
- 1 ½ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12-count muffin tin with 12 unbleached muffin liners.
- Add wet ingredients to a bowl and stir until fully combined. Set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl, stir until combined. Add to wet ingredients and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into prepared, lined, muffin tins. You can go about 85% to the top.
- Slide the completed muffin tin into preheated oven and bake for 22-24 minutes, or until tops crack and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. These muffins go from goopy to perfect in a matter of moments in the oven. 22 minutes was the perfect time for me.
- Remove from the oven, remove (immediately) from the muffin tray and place on a cooling rack.
- Slather with Espresso Fudge Protein Almond Butter or coconut oil.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Eggs: I have not tried to make this recipe egg-free, however I do think it’s possible. Perhaps starting with replacing the eggs with homemade flax egg is a good starting point. 1 egg = 1 tablespoon finely ground flaxseed combined with 3 tablespoons warm water. Allow to sit for 3 minutes before using in recipe.
Ground Coffee: if you are sensitive to, or do not want to use coffee in this recipe, feel free to omit. I used Bulletproof Decaf Coffee.
Xylitol: if xylitol has hurt your stomach in the past, it’s likely that you were using corn-based xylitol. This birch-sourced xylitol is Non GMO and I’ve never had a problem with it. If you don’t want to use xylitol for this recipe, coconut sugar would work well, too. However, using coconut sugar would increase the carb-count of this recipe.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 284
- Calories from Fat: 203
- Total Fat: 22.5
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 82> mg
- Sodium: 34 mg
- Carbs: 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
- Net Carbs: 6.9 g
- Protein: 11.2 g