- 2 cups raw almonds
- ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest Chocolate Hemp Pro 70 Protein Powder
- ¼ cup cacao butter/oil or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee beans
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 10 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia
- Pinch Himalayan rock salt
- Preheat oven to 325F and place almonds on a clean baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes, just until fragrant.
- Add all ingredients to the jug of your food processor and process until drippy, about 8 minutes. You may have to take the top off a couple of times to remove the bulk of nuts running up the side (heh).
- Pour into mason jars, cover and store in the fridge (it will harden like fudge) for up to 1 month.
- Makes approximately 1 ½ cup of nut butter, 18 servings of approx. 1 tablespoon per serving.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Coffee Beans: I used Swiss water press coffee beans, but you could do anything here. Heck, leave it out if you don’t like coffee.
Roasting Nuts: I like lightly roasting my nuts and seeds before homemade nut butter action. It helps make the nut butter more drippy. Sure, roasting them isn’t the healthiest thing, but I’m doing it on low-heat, and only until fragrant. I’d like to think that there are far worse things…. like conventionally roasted nuts/seeds, perhaps?
Nut Allergy: replace almonds with an equal amount of raw sunflower seeds.
Coconut Oil vs. Cacao Butter/Oil: if coconut oil is used, add cacao powder for extra chocolate flavor. If cacao butter/oil is used, it may be chocolatey enough for you.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 83
- Calories from Fat: 65
- Total Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 9> mg
- Sodium: 19 mg
- Carbs: 3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Net Carbs: 1 g
- Sugars: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g