- 2 cups roughly ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb mix
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or light olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 13×9 baking pan with parchment paper draped over the sides. Set aside.
- Combine flax seed with baking powder, herb mix and sea salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine fully and set aside.
- Add eggs, water and oil to the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds, until foamy.
- Transfer liquid mixture to the bowl with the flaxseed mixture.
- Stir with a spatula, just until incorporated. The mixture will be very fluffy. Once incorporated, allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Drop mixture into prepared baking pan. Smooth with the back of the spatula and transfer the pan to the preheated oven.
- Bake bread for 20 minutes, until top is golden. Remove from the oven and lift bread (from the parchment paper sides) to a cooling rack. Peel the parchment paper from the bottom of the bread and allow the bread to cool on the cooling rack for an hour.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
- Bread can be toasted or frozen. Keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 134
- Calories from Fat: 79
- Total Fat: 8.8
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 68> mg
- Sodium: 227 mg
- Carbs: 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.5 g
- Net Carbs: 1 g
- Protein: 5.9 g