- 1 can (1 2/3 cup) full-fat coconut milk, divided
- 1-2 tablespoon birch-sourced xylitol or 5-10 drops alcohol-free stevia
- ½ tablespoon grass-fed gelatin
- 3 tablespoons MCT oil or melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed collagen
- 2 egg pastured yolks, optional
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon ground vanilla beans
- Add ½ cup of the coconut milk to a small saucepan with xylitol and gelatin. Heat on medium-low, stirring frequently, just until everything is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients; including the remaining coconut milk, in the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend, just until combined.
- Once the xylitol mixture is complete, turn blender on to low and pour in the xylitol mixture, just until combined.
- Pour chocolate mousse into three 500mL jars. Allow to cool on the counter for a little while before covering and placing in the fridge for at least an hour.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
MCT Oil: I recommend using MCT oil with this recipe. I haven’t tried the recipe with coconut oil. I feel like it would work, but the result may be less fluffy.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 466
- Calories from Fat: 409
- Total Fat: 45.5
- Saturated Fat: 40.6 g
- Cholesterol: 140> mg
- Sodium: 52 mg
- Carbs: 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
- Net Carbs: 10.6 g
- Sugars: 2.3 g
- Protein: 13.2 g