- 6 tablespoons full fat coconut cream, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar or honey
- 1 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- To prepare coconut cream, place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. In the morning, flip the can over, open the can only 1/4 and drain the liquid from the bottom. Open the can all the way, and you should be left with a very creamy mass of coconut cream. Use this for the recipe.
- To melt the coconut cream and oil, either add to a bowl and microwave OR add to a small saucepan and heat until liquified.
- Add all ingredients but cocoa powder to the bowl of your small food processor or stand mixer and whisk until smooth.
- Sift cocoa powder and add to frosting. Again, whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes on high.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour. When ready to use, whisk to break up clumps and make creamy. Can be stored in an air-right container in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
If the frosting is too soft, return to the fridge for 20 minutes.
Makes enough frosting for 8×8 pan of brownies, a small cake, or 6 cupcakes.
Nutrition data based off 16 servings (perfect for 16 brownies!)
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 75
- Calories from Fat: 31
- Total Fat: 3.5
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Carbs: 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Net Carbs: 9.5 g
- Sugars: 7.5 g
- Protein: 0.7 g