- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoon raw honey (optional) – see note
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot powder – see note
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch Himalayan rock salt
- 5 large apples, sliced – do not peel!
Cinnamon Crunch Topping
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix milk, water, honey, chia, arrowroot, cinnamon and salt at the bottom of your 3 quart Crock-Pot.
- Layer sliced apples over top and do not combine.
- Mix the crumble topping together in a large bowl. Using your hands, spread it over top of the apples. Cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2 hours (I like the results of the lower setting, but either one works).
- Turn off heat, unplug, and let sit, covered, for one hour.
- Top with raisins and walnuts and enjoy!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Replace honey with maple syrup or omit to make vegan
If you don’t have arrowroot, no problem. I used it to thicken the pudding slightly so you could also probably use corn starch (non-paleo), potato starch (non-paleo), or tapioca starch.
Try adding your favorite protein powder to the mix to increase the protein content if required.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 256
- Calories from Fat: 88
- Total Fat: 9.8
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 375 mg
- Carbs: 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.8 g
- Net Carbs: 31.9 g
- Sugars: 26.1 g
- Protein: 5.1 g