- 1/2 cup raw quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 150 grams soft goat cheese
- Add stock and quinoa to a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 15 minutes. When complete, remove from burner and let sit for 5 minutes. Take off the lid, fluff with a fork and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice, cut the tomatoes and mix thoroughly.
- When quinoa is ready, add to the salad and stir to coat. Serve immediately or chill for a couple of hours.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 440
- Calories from Fat: 151
- Total Fat: 16.8
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 170 mg
- Carbs: 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.3 g
- Net Carbs: 36 g
- Sugars: 1.2 g
- Protein: 15.5 g